Saturday, May 01, 2010

Post # 765


When last time in Helsinki I took the metro from Siltasaari downd to Ruoholahti. When rised up from The Ruoholahti Station of the Metro, I found a group of parked bicycles, bright colored. & a sunny day.
   
menopause --
the bicycles
appealing to ride


I checked with my wife the word "menopause" as a kigo, - An autumn, September, perhaps October, she said.
- And the males got also those, she said.

I looked my bicycle; waiting for me in slight drizzle.


mayday!



Original Ezra Pound's 1913 poem "In a Station of the Metro":

The apparition of these faces in the crowd;
Petals on a wet, black bough.

4 comments:

Bill said...

I don't know if men are authorized to write menopause haiku.

Magyar said...

__Wondering... on which side of the fence to stand. _m

Gillena Cox said...

hmmm

much love
gillena

Ralf Bröker said...

Brilliant idea, Tikkis. And a fine picture.

@ Bill: Of course we are not authorized, but some of us are affected. Indirectly ;-)

Best wishes
Ralf